The Council for Soft Tissue Therapies is the only forum where Professional Associations who represent massage and soft tissue therapies can come together to discuss and resolve industry issues. We aim to represent the views of the whole spectrum of massage and soft tissue practitioners by working collectively in the best interests of the profession.
GCMT members define the massage core curriculum which is now used as a key requirement of the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) registration.
The GCMT is the governing body for massage and soft tissue therapies that form all bodywork and soft tissue techniques in the UK. It is a non-profit making body comprising the major professional associations, which includes the SMTO, in massage therapies with the following aims and objectives.
- To define and influence educational standards in the field of soft tissue therapies.
- To act as a lobbying and pressure group in the areas of, education, regulation, insurance and employment.
- To cooperate collectively (e.g. on commercial deals) for the benefit of our respective memberships.
- To share best practice and experience as Professional Associations (PAs).
- To bring together, and initiate, research into soft tissue therapy.
The GCMT is supporting the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC). A s a member of the SMTO you can Request to Register the CNHC.